A lot of creamy soups call for actual cream in the recipe but if you use the right veggies and the right amount of liquid you can make it creamy without the added fat!
Ingredients included in your delivery:
1 Country Hill Produce – Lehigh Gold Potatoes
1 Dusty Lane Farm – Whole Kernel Corn, Frozen
1 Eagle Road Farm – Rainbow Carrots (use the yellow and orange ones so the soup doesn’t turn pink)
1 Rays Greenhouse – Sweet Onions
Vegetable Broth, Water, Wine, your choice of liquid!
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Clean, peel and cut up all the produce.
(The amount depends on the size of your crock pot.)
For a medium crock pot ~ about 5 medium potatoes, 1 ½ cup of frozen corn, 2 large carrots and ½ onion.
- Place all the vegetables in your slow cooker with salt and pepper and just barely cover with vegetable broth.
- Simmer on low for 8-10 hours.
- Take out ¾ of the soup and place in a blender and blend until most of the lumps are gone.
- Replace back in with the liquid soup, mix, and serve!
- This recipe is best when cooked with vegetable broth!