Ingredients we assume you already have in your pantry:
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 4 cups beef broth (click for the recipe if you don’t already have it)
- 1 cup milk
Ingredients included in your delivery:
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen spinach
Creamy Tortellini Recipe Instructions:
- Crumble and cook the Italian sausage.
- Place the cooked sausage, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and stock in a 6-quart pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a fast simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 cup of milk. Stir in the cornstarch mixture along with the half and half.
- Add the tortellini and mix well. Cover again and heat to a slow simmer. Cook approximately 20 minutes until the soup has thickened, and the tortellini is soft and cooked through.
- Add the spinach, pressing the leaves down to completely submerse into the liquid. Cover again for an additional 5-10 minutes, just until the leaves have wilted.
- If needed you can add additional milk in ⅓ cup increments, as needed, to reach your desired thickness and consistency.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
Other options & tips:
- If preferred, this can be done in a slow cooker from step #2 by covering and cooking on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.
- Leftovers will reheat well, but you may need to add milk when reheating to achieve desired consistency.